This is how I made:
Crystallised Ginger Shortbread Biscuits
- Softened 50g of good quality white chocolate by putting it in the mixing bowl and placing it on the storage heater for ten minutes.
- Added 170g of unsalted butter cubed and left to soften.
- Creamed the butter and chocolate with 75g golden caster sugar until pale in colour and fluffy in texture.
- Added 50g finely chopped crystallised ginger and creamed some more.
- Sifted in 175g plain flour (half wholemeal, half white), 80g brown rice flour and a pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt.
- Stirred until incorporated, then formed into a ball and left in my cold kitchen to firm up for half an hour.
- Rolled out to about 6mm thickness and stamped out 28 circles. I then stamped them with the "Eat Me" stamp, which I had to dip in flour each time to prevent it sticking.
- Left to firm up in my cold kitchen for 15 minutes.
- Baked for 9 mins at 180°C until just golden.
Thanks to Wilko for sending me a cookie press to try out. There was no requirement to write a positive review. As always, all opinions are my own.