Lime, Coconut and Cardamom Loaf Cake
- Creamed 175g unsalted butter (left on the heater for half an hour to soften) with 175g cardamom (caster) sugar until pale and airy.
- Grated in the zest of three well scrubbed limes and creamed some more.
- Beat in 3 duck eggs, one by one.
- Sifted in 125g flour (75g wholemeal spelt, 25g coconut flour, 25g white) with 1 tsp baking powder.
- Stirred this into the mixture as gently as possible.
- Added 50g desiccated coconut and mixed gently again.
- Added 50g chopped white chocolate.
- Spooned into a 2 lb loaf mould (which I put inside a loaf tin to stop it bowing out) and baked at 180C for 45 minutes.
- Whilst cake was cooking, juiced the 3 limes and added 60g cardamom sugar. Left to dissolve, stirring occasionally.
- As soon as the cake was out of the oven, spooned the lime juice over the cake, then left in the mould to cool.
I'm sending this cake over to Javelin Warrior's Cookin w/ Luv for his Made with Love Mondays, a weekly challenge where anything can be made, but it needs to be made from scratch.
Fabulicious Foods. This month is being hosted by C of Cake, Crumbs and Cooking.