This is how I made them:
Chocolate Walnut Pastries Recipe
- Pulsed 50g walnuts in my food processor until roughly chopped.
- Added 75g wholemeal spelt flour, 75g plain flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- Added 75g golden caster sugar
- Added 50g butter and pulsed until mixture resembled breadcrumbs.
- Broke in 1 duck egg and 1 tbsp water and pulsed some more.
- Transferred mixture into a bowl, then brought it together with my hands to form a ball.
- Left in my cool kitchen overnight (1/2 hr in fridge should be fine).
- Rolled the pastry out to abut 1/4 cm thickness.
- Cut 4 10 cm diameter circles out using the top of my tart tins and put to one side.
- Re-rolled the pastry and cut 4 more circles to line the tart cases, using the off cuts to fill in any gaps.
- Spread 2 heaped teaspoonfuls of milk chocolate spread over each base.
- Topped with the pastry circles and pressed the sides in to seal.
- Brushed each one with milk & placed a walnut half on top of each one.
- Baked at 180C for 20 minutes until golden.
- Left to cool then dusted with icing sugar.
Homemade by Fleur.