This is how I made them:
- Creamed 125g unsalted butter with 125g golden caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Broke in 2 duck eggs, beating well between each egg.
- Added 1/3 teaspoon almond extract and beat some more.
- Sifted in 125g self-raising white flour and 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- Spooned into 10 muffin cases.
- Placed a heaped tsp of my homemade mincemeat on top.
- Baked at 180C for 15 minutes until risen and golden.
I am submitting these to Jac's Bookmarked Recipes
What Kate Baked, this is a toothsome challenge hosted alternately by Karen of Lavender and Lovage.