This is what I did:
- Melted 60g unsalted butter in a small pan and left to cool.
- Crushed 50g raspberries in a small bowl with the back of a fork.
- Whisked 2 duck egg whites until frothy in a larger bowl.
- Whisked in 80g sifted icing sugar.
- Gently stirred in the melted butter and crushed raspberries.
- Stirred 30g buckwheat flour and 40g ground almonds.
- Stirred in 50g white chocolate chips.
- Placed a teaspoon of the mixture in 12 mini silicone cupcake cases.
- Placed a whole raspberry on top then filled the cases up with more mixture.
- Divided the remaining mixture between 4 larger silicone cupcakes cases.
- Baked for about 15 minutes at 180C until firm and well risen.
- Left to cool for a little, then turned out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dusted with icing sugar.
These are the other scrummy friands I've made so far.