|Let's start from the very beginning|
|Although I baked the biscuits for the Tiffin, this is not required as any bought biscuits can easily be substituted.|
This is how I made Gluten Free Chocolate Lemon Tiffin:
- Melted 50g unsalted butter in a pan with 2.5 tbsp of golden syrup and half 1 scant tbsp of cocoa.
- Crushed 31 of the heart shaped custard biscuits I'd just made so lovingly with the end of a rolling pin.
- Poured in the melted butter mixture and stirred until all incorporated. At this point I was rather concerned that the mixture was way too dry and wouldn't hold together. But I decided to trust the recipe and stick with it.
- Pressed this into the base of a 21 cm (8") sq tin lined with baking paper.
- Placed in the fridge for 1/2 an hour to set.
- Creamed 25g unsalted butter with 100g icing sugar until incorporated.
- Beat in 2 heaped tbsp of home made lemon curd.
- Spread this over the biscuit base.
- Placed back in the fridge whilst getting on with the next stage.
- Heated 100ml double cream in a pan until just about boiling.
- Poured this over 125g chopped dark chocolate (25g G&B Maya Gold & 100g G&B 72%).
- Stirred in 25g unsalted butter and 1/2 tsp of orange flower water.
- Poured this over the lemon cream layer.
- Placed back in the fridge to set.
- Slid out of the tin and cut into 16 squares.
Made With Love Mondays where everything must be made from scratch - even the lemon curd was my own.