Anyway, this is rather a rambling way of saying that I wasn't going to miss this Scottish challenge!
Sadly my raspberries weren't Scottish and I can't claim that they swam down the West Coast to Cornwall as Janice did with her mackerel, but it is my version of a Scottish classic and I did use a good Scottish malt whisky.
This is how I did it:
- Toasted 40g oatmeal for a few minutes until lightly browned but not burnt.
- Roughly crushed 200g raspberries, leaving a few whole for decoration.
- Whipped 300g double cream and 100g Greek yogurt until peaks just starting to form.
- Added 2 tbsp Cornish runny honey and 2 tbsp malt whisky and whisked a little bit more, until firm but still soft.
- Swirled the raspberries through the cream.
- Shaved about 40g of white chocolate with a vegetable peeler.
- Spooned some of the raspberry cream into four glass bowls. Scattered on some oatmeal then added a final layer of raspberry cream. Scattered over the remaining oatmeal.
- Finished with the whole raspberries and chocolate shavings.
- Served with Highland shortbread.
The Face of New World Appliances and there is a £50 amazon voucher awarded to one lucky entrant each month. Here is the round-up to last month's Best of British Cornwall.