This is how I did it:
- Melted 150g of unsalted butter in a pan with 1 tbsp of syrup and 50g white chocolate (G&B)
- Mashed 2 bananas in a large bowl.
- Stirred in 60g soft brown sugar.
- Stirred in 50g desiccated coconut.
- Mixed in butter mixture until all incorporated.
- Stirred in 300g rolled oats.
- Pressed into a 9" square silicone mould and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Baked for 20 minutes at 180C.
- Left to cool then cut into 16 squares.
These smelt gorgeous whilst cooking and were very tasty to eat - not too sweet and not too bananary (if such a word exists). Banana and coconut are a well matched pair and the tropical flavourwas really good. They were just how I like flapjacks to be, crisp on the outside and chewy in the middle.