This is what I did:
- Creamed 110g unsalted butter with 180g cardamom (caster) sugar until well beaten and fluffy.
- Beat in 2 duck eggs, one by one.
- Sifted 125g self-raising wholemeal flour, 120g plain white flour and 1/4 tsp bicarb of soda.
- Measured out 125ml milk and added 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Stirred in 1/3 of the flour, followed by 1/3 of the milk.
- Repeated this process twice more until all flour and milk incorporated.
- Roughly stirred in 3 tbsp blueberry spread, so that the mixture was streaky rather than all one colour.
- Spooned into 12 of my favourite blue cupcake cases and baked at 180C for 20 minutes.
- Left to cool a little then turned out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melted 50g white chocolate (Green&Black's) in a bowl over hot water, then left to cool a little.
- Beat 125g mascarpone cheese in a bowl with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Added, rather cautiously at first, a bit of the bilberry powder and stirred it in. Then proceeded to add larger and larger quantities as the colour was not as powerful as I thought it might be. I probably used a rounded teaspoonful in the end.
- Beat in the white chocolate.
- Spread over the top of the cakes with a palate knife.
- Used some of the sugar alphabet letters from my recent cake decorating wins to write Wild, Blue, Berry, Cup, & Cakes on the top (this was rather time consuming and I'm not sure I'd be so exacting again).
AlphaBakes, I'm submitting my Blueberry cupcakes to this monthly challenge hosted alternately by The more than occasional baker and Caroline Bakes.
Made With Love Mondays, a blogging event created by Javelin Warrior which I keep meaning to enter but never seem to manage. The aim is to encourage people to make everything from scratch rather than using ready made items.