This is what I did:
- Melted 185g dark chocolate (100g with cranberries, 85g of 85%) with 185g unsalted butter in a pan over a low heat then left to cool slightly.
- Whisked 3 duck eggs with 275g sugar (175g vanilla caster & 100g dark molasses) using an electric whisk for a good 5 minutes until thick and doubled in volume.
- Folded the chocolate into the eggs.
- Sifted in 85g wholemeal spelt flour, 40g cocoa powder, 1 tsp cinnamon and a good grating of nutmeg.
- Folded it all in together.
- Gently stirred in 100g of marzipan I'd cut into small cubes.
- Spooned into a 9" sq cake mould and baked for 27 minutes at 180C.
- Left to cool overnight.
- Cut into 16 squares and pressed a mini chocolate egg onto the top of each one.
I hope you all have a very Happy Easter and don't forget to enjoy your chocolate.
What Kate Baked and Karen of Lavender and Lovage take turns hosting a tea time treats event where it's usually very hard to resist virtual overindulgence. I am submitting this to the massive Easter party hosted this month by Kate.