This is what I did:
- Melted 60g unsalted butter and put aside to cool a little.
- Whisked two egg whites until frothy but not stiff.
- Folded in melted butter.
- Gently stirred in 80g sifted icing sugar, 30g sifted flour, 40g ground almonds and 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- Added 35g chopped 70% dark chocolate.
- Divided mixture between 6 buttered muffin moulds and sprinkled a few flaked almonds on the tops.
- Baked at 180C for 22 minutes.
- Turned out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dusted with icing sugar.
Save the Children Recipe Challenge over at the Pink Whisk. The amount of malnutrition and starvation in our world is truly shocking. You can help a little by Naming A Day over at Save the Children. This campaign aims to get David Cameron to name a day to hold a summit on global hunger.