This is how I did it:
- Rinsed 1/4 cup cooked black beans (from a tin) & blitzed with my hand-held blender.
- Melted 2oz unsalted butter in a pan over a low heat with 5oz 85% dark chocolate and left to cool slightly.
- Beat 3 eggs and 1 1/3 cups vanilla sugar (caster) until thick and creamy.
- Stirred in the cooled chocolate carefully with the beans.
- Folded in 1 cup spelt flour, 1/8 cup cocoa, 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Poured mixture into a 9" sq cake mould.
- Placed 16 walnut halves in the middle of the future brownie pieces and scattered with some course Cornish sea salt.
- Baked for 22 minutes, (making sure they were slightly underdone) at 180C & left to cool - err, slightly!
Lavender and Lovage and Kate of What Kate Baked. This month Kate has chosen Romance as the theme.