This is how I did it:
- Made shortcrust pastry using butter, an egg yolk, orange juice & zest, a little icing sugar and half wholemeal / half white flour (can no longer remember quantities).
- Rolled out pastry with extreme difficulty (due to hard butter from very cold kitchen).
- Cut into 12 bottoms and 12 tops
- Filled with homemade chocolate mincemeat.
- Brushed tops with milk then scattered over some flaked almonds.
- Baked for 20 minutes at 180C
- Ate warm with copious amounts of clotted cream.
These will be my contribution to the fabulous Christmas tea hosted this month by Kate of What Kate Baked. Can't wait for that groaning table of festive goodies! The tea party is one of many hosted by Kate or Karen of Lavander and Lovage for their Tea Time Treats event.