these, way back in the early days of my blog but they hadn't turned out quite as I'd imagined. So rather than asking MCB to choose again, I thought it would be good to give them another go, use a less dark chocolate and add a bit more milk.
This is what I did:
- Roughly chopped 50g Brazil nuts and 125g milk chocolate (46%).
- Creamed 75g unsalted butter with 60g vanilla sugar (granulated) until soft and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 duck egg and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
- Sifted in 175g wholemeal flour, 1 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Stirred in 2 tbsp milk.
- Folded in the nuts and chocolate.
- Placed 20 teaspoonfuls on lined baking trays then flattened them with a fork dipped in water. The recipe stated the dough should be rolled out, but I couldn't see how that would be possible with all those chocolate lumps and bumps and the mixture was a little too moist anyway.
- Baked at 180C for 12 minutes.