- Blitzed 3oz of my rye sourdough into bread crumbs.
- Stirred in 1 tbsp demerara sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and a grating of nutmeg.
- Melted 1oz butter with 1 heaped tbsp golden syrup and stirred into the bread.
- Peeled, cored and sliced 2 large Cornish cooking apples and 4 small red fleshed ones we found on a wayside tree.
- Buttered a small pie dish and piled in the apple slices.
- Sprinkled 2 tbsp demerara sugar over the apples.
- Scattered 50g chopped dark orange flavoured chocolate over this.
- Spooned the bread crumb mixture over the top of the chocolate.
- Baked for 25 minutes at 180C.
What Kate Baked (formerly Kates Cakes & Bakes) has issued an Autumnal Challenge to bake something homely, comforting, warming and autumnal. She even has a prize up for grabs. This pud fits the bill nicely - in my humble opinion!
Simple and in Season.