Not having much time to spare, needing something portable and harbouring a big bag of cooking apples I thought these Apple Oatmeal Cookies would fit the bill nicely - especially when some chocolate was added to the mix. This is what I did:
- Creamed 4oz unsalted butter with 5.5 oz cardamom sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 duck egg.
- Mixed in 3oz wholemeal flour, 5 oz oats and 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- Peeled, cored and finely chopped in 1 cooking apple and mixed that in together with 2oz 40% milk chocolate drops.
- Placed teaspoonfuls well apart on two trays - one using my new silicone mat and another lined with baking paper.
- Baked at 180C for 10 minutes.
I called on the emergency services in the form of CT to help with the clean up operation. I have to say, crumbs, they were really delicious.
As I'd run out of time, I did a mini bake of kindness with these Rock Cakes, but the staff at Liskeard station had to wait for theirs.