This is what I did:
- Simmered 4 large stoned and chopped apricots (225g) in a splash of water for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Grated the zest from an organic lemon and squeezed out the juice.
- Whisked this together with 2 duck eggs in a bowl large enough to sit on a pan of simmering water.
- Placed the bowl on the pan and whisked in 200g cardamom sugar.
- Added the apricots and continued to whisk.
- Whisked occasionally until the mixture was thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strained through a sieve (there were a few hard threads in the apricots which would have given an unpleasant texture).
- Poured into 3 small sterilised jars.
This tasted divine - creamy apricot with a refreshing zing, what's not to like? It set better than the lime curd and had a firmer texture. Since writing the above, I've used it in some cupcakes which will feature in a later post.