I followed the instructions pretty much exactly, which as you may have noticed, is not something I'm very good at.
- Melted 100g raw cacao butter in a bowl over hot water.
- Ground the seeds of 4 cardamom pods with a pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt.
- Stirred this into the bowl with 6 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Whisked in 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom (natural sweetener from apples, grapes and carob) and carried on whisking until all well incorporated.
- Spooned the mixture into chocolate moulds and left to set. In theory these should go into the fridge (2 hrs) or freezer (20 mins) to set, but my kitchen is so cold this wasn't necessary.
Celia's giveaway before Christmas and as it was the first time I've used it, I was disappointed that I didn't get perfect results. I shall just have to try again, but like tempering, I am determined to get this sorted out - third time lucky! Thankfully, they tasted lovely and the cardamom was an excellent addition - subtle but most definitely there.