This is what I did:
- Sifted 360g flour (150g wholemeal, 150g white and 60g quinoa) into a bowl with 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp bicarb of soda.
- Stirred in 105g granulated sugar
- Made a well in the centre and added 2 duck eggs, 300ml apple sauce, 2 tbsp raspberry puree and 3 tbsp milk.
- Mixed together until combined then stirred in 50g chopped 70% dark chocolate.
- Divided mixture between 12 muffin cases and baked at 180C for 18 minutes.
What a difference shelf position made; those on the right were on the top shelf and those on the left were on the bottom. After my success with the triple apple and orange cake, I've become rather a fan of using apple butter or apple sauce to replace or reduce the butter used in baking (although I still remain wedded to butter). The apple gives a lovely texture as well as keeping everything moist. These were no exception. Of course, the downside to thinking these were "healthy" was that we ate twice as many as we might otherwise have done; we did, however, manage to keep them going for three days and they kept really well.