This is what I did:
- Rubbed 2oz unsalted butter into 4oz wholemeal flour, 4oz white flour, 1 tsp cream of tarter, 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda and 1/4 tsp rock salt until incorporated.
- Stirred in 40g chopped Maya gold - I thought the orange and spicy flavours in this chocolate would be pleasantly distinctive.
- Placed 2 tbsp TOTAL Greek yogurt into a measuring jug and made this up to 1/4 pt with milk.
- Poured this into the flour and then added most of a beaten egg (leaving enough to glaze the scone tops).
- Mixed this together then formed into a dough.
- Rolled out to 3/4 in thick and used a cutter to make 8 scones, reforming the dough as necessary.
- Brushed with the remaining beaten egg and baked at 200C for 11 minutes.