So this is what I think I did:
- Creamed 110g unsalted butter with 220g vanilla sugar (instead of 1 tsp vanilla extract).
- Beat in 2 duck eggs
- Sifted in 340g flour (spelt wholemeal), 2 tsp baking powder, 4 tbsp cocoa and 1 tsp mixed space.
- Mixed this in, then added 400g grated courgette.
- Stirred in 120g Greek yogurt.
- Spooned mixture into a 9" sq cake thingie and baked for about 45 mins at 180C.
The cake was dense and moist with a fragrant smell and a spicy taste. We had it straight from the oven but as we didn't happen to have any vanilla ice-cream in the freezer, we used oriental ginger instead which made a lovely accompaniment. The cake firmed up a bit when cold and was just as good the next day and the one after that and possibly the one after that too!