This is what I did:
- Brought 150ml of double cream up to the boil, threw in a handful of fresh lemon balm leaves, clamped the lid on and left for a couple of hours.
- Melted 250g milk chocolate buttons (Chocolate by Trish 38%)
- Brought cream up to near boiling point again, then poured on to the chocolate (through a sieve). Added 1/2 tsp Cornish honey.
- Used a whisk to gently stir, almost fold the liquids together until all incorporated into a beautiful glossy mass.
- Placed 24 ground cherries at the bottom of some chocolate moulds then spooned the ganache over the top.
- I left these to set, hoping I could turn them out cleanly - hey ho, best laid plans!
The buttons were well balanced, creamy, rich and for a milk variety, strongly chocolatey - I could quite happily have eaten the whole 350g bagful. Somehow, the flavour and mouth feel reminded me of a silky smooth good quality hot chocolate - nice! I still have 100g of Trish's buttons left so am looking forward to trying them in another guise. I would also like to try her 64% and 74% dark varieties.