One of the things I wanted to try this time (here is what I did the first time) was cheese scones as I saw some very nice looking ones over at Tinned Tomatoes a while ago. These were really light, moist and delicious. They disappeared in a trice when served up for tea, warm from the oven. This is what I did:
- Rubbed 1oz cold unsalted butter into 8oz flour (2oz wholemeal, 6oz white), 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda, 1 tsp cream of tarter, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp mustard powder and a pinch of cayenne until mixture resembled breadcrumbs.
- Stirred in 3oz grated cheddar.
- Mixed in 1 egg, 2 large tbsp of TOTAL full fat yogurt and enough water to form the mixture into a soft dough.
- Worked quickly with my hands to form this into a round about 3/4 inch thick then cut out into 5 rounds (these were large scones, so a medium size cutter would produce 8 or 9).
- Baked at 200C for 12 mins.
|Raspberry & White Choc Cupcakes|
|Chocolate Birthday Cake|
|Pistachio & Orange Blossom Cake|
The only fault I have to find with this yogurt is that it is not organic. I can only hope this is something they will rectify in the future.