Here's how I did it:
- Melted 4oz unsalted butter with 100g bar white chocolate.
- Mashed up 3 medium bananas with 5oz unrefined granulated sugar.
- Sieved 6oz wholemeal spelt, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda and 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt into a bowl and made a well in the middle.
- Poured in chocolate mixture and stirred in, followed by 2 duck eggs.
- Mixed in 2oz roughly chopped walnuts, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp grated orange rind.
- Spooned this into a 2lb loaf tin and baked at 180°C (gas 4) for 50 mins.
- Left in tin to cool before turning out onto a serving plate.
The top came out rather browner than I would have liked, but luckily it was not overcooked inside and in fact had the perfect texture for a loaf cake - moist but not too crumbly. It tasted great too. The bananas were not, surprisingly, the overwhelming flavour, but the white chocolate gave it an added depth it would not otherwise have had. I love walnuts, so they could only be an enhancement!