This is how I made:
Lemon Coconut Cakes with Freekah Flour
- Placed a 125g of creamed coconut and 100g of coconut oil in a bowl on top of the heater to soften.
- Creamed the coconut with 200g cardamom sugar (golden caster sugar) and the grated zest from 1 lemon.
- Beat in 3 duck eggs, one at a time.
- Sifted in 200g of freekah flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- Folded this in together with 25g of desiccated coconut and the juice from two lemons.
- Spooned into 12 muffin cases and baked at 180℃ for 17 minutes.
- Turned out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Whipped 100 ml double cream to soft peaks, then folded in 2 tbsp of homemade lemon curd.
- When the cakes were cool, made a slash down the centre and spooned in some of the lemon cream. Topped with a sprinkling of flaked lemon and cardamom chocolate (Seed and Bean) and a little desiccated coconut.
Farmersgirl Kitchen for her new challenge #RecipeClippings.
Tinned Tomatoes for Bookmarked Recipes.