chocolate blackberry cake. This had to be made the night before to allow the mixture to freeze (except it didn't).
This is how I made:
Blackberry and White Chocolate Melts
- Puréed 125g blackberries with a stick blender, then pressed through a sieve to extract the seeds.
- Melted 80g white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Added the purée to the bowl and stirred until combined.
- Filled six ice-cube trays with the mixture and put the remains in the fridge for future use. Froze the mixture overnight.
- Melted 50g unsalted butter in a pan over gently heat.
- Removed from the heat and added 100g chopped white chocolate. Left for a few minutes then stirred until melted and smooth.
- Beat in 2 smallish duck eggs (2 largish hens eggs), one at a time with a pinch of Himalayan rock salt and ½ tsp vanilla extract.
- Sifted in 60g self-raising flour along with 50g ground almonds and stirred gently to incorporate.
- Chopped another 100g of white chocolate into small pieces and added 50g to the batter.
- Distributed about 25g of the chopped chocolate between 6 silicone muffin moulds.
- Covered the chocolate with a spoonful of batter. Placed a frozen blackberry ganache on top of each one, then covered with the remaining batter.
- Topped with a blackberry and the remaining chopped chocolate.
- Baked at 160℃ for 30 minutes when the cakes were risen and golden.
Allotment 2 Kitchen.
Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer this month and as it's their first anniversary something special is required. So these blackberry and white chocolate melts are being shared with them too.